What impressed you most on your trip?

Monday, November 2, 2009

Our trip to London




It’s hard to decide what I liked most about our trip to London. First of all, our sightseeing tour on the second day was really impressive. As I’ve never been there before it was very nice to get a first overview and to see all the important sights at a stretch. It was amazing to see the town’s landmarks like Big Ben or the Tower Bridge, which you know from TV or postcards in reality. Moreover it was very interesting to visit the Westminster Abbey and not only to regard it from the outside, but also to enter as we did on our last day. I have to say it’s beautiful and it’s great to be there and to have a look at the graves of the former kings and queens. And what impressed me a lot in general was that the old buildings and the modern ones with their glass fronts and interesting architecture were at a good fit, in my opinion. Despite the great difference in their age and of course the style I would say there was some kind of harmony between them after all – something I haven’t noticed so much in other cities.


In the evening we have been to the musical “The Phantom of the Opera” and it was stunning. I love musicals and I’ve always wanted to watch this one, because I had already heard many of the songs (not only the most famous one) and I found them absolutely beautiful. Altogether the music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, who composed it, is great. Besides the stage design and the special effects were marvelous. That’s no wonder since all (or at least many) of the musical-theatres in London are built solely for one special musical. The best was that, as we were in Britain, it was the English and therefore original version and not a translated one. The story was so touching and the actors played and sang excellently.

All in all, the trip to London was both informative and entertaining and I am really glad I’ve taken part in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment