What impressed you most on your trip?

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My impression of London


Immediately after our arrival on Sunday we went to Camden Lock, one of my favorite experiences in London. When we got there, crowds of people and thousands of stands bowled me over. Right behind the bridge were so many little stands with food and any kind of stuff you can imagine. I felt like I would be on a bazaar in another country than England because of all the smells of Asian and Indian food and chocolate-fruits. There was too less time to really enjoy this and to sort one’s impressions but our next stop in the Hyde Park was as good as Camden Lock.


As I said we went to Hyde Park to Speakers Corner. This experience was one of my craziest. Already from a far distance we heard excited voices and loud discussions. Then we saw some men standing on a sort of platform (chair etc.) with many people around them. At first we watched the different groups without participating but then we dared to discuss with a small group. The people were really funny and talked very strange and confusing. The man on the platform had a completely different opinion than ours so we had an argument. But we had so much fun in defending our opinion and we got more and more confident because we were able to express ourselves in English, which was very encouraging.


The last exciting event I want to talk about was the visit of the musical “The Phantom of the Opera”. First I had mixed feelings because I don’t like operas at all, but the mixture of musical and opera was great. The singers were so good and the stage set was constructed so detailed and above all beautiful.

All in all I can say that the trip to London was very enriching for me and I would do it again at anytime if I had the chance to.

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment