What impressed you most on your trip?

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Unforgettable Impressions


"A trip to London - how exciting!" - that's what I was thinking when Mrs. Koch presented the destination for our excursion. I always wanted to go there because so many friends had told me about this multisided city and all its specifics.

Thinking about our trip, it's really hard to decide what impressed me most.
In the end, it probably was "As you like it" because I am absolutely addicted to theatre and was so excited to experience an unknown play in a foreign country in a very special theatre. The circumstances of the traditional Shakespeare Globe Theatre were new to me and I really enjoyed being entertained by absolute professionals. I think the actors and actresses were great, Rosalind was my favourite.

Besides, there are some more impressions I would like to mention:
Everywhere in London, especially at Camden Lock Market, you could see different cultures and common people next to absolute extraordinary ones, so you could not divide into groups - a big "salad bowl" filled with individuals from many nationalities and cultures.
Thus I felt very comfortable walking through the streets and finding myself surrounded by fancy people.

Something I also really enjoyed was the Oxford tour, especially because of the architecture. I was enthusiastic about the old town with its loveliest roman and gothic buildings.
Of course it was also very informative to get to know facts about the University.

Summing up, the trip to London was enriching and inspiring in many respects.

1 comment:

  1. hey
    we loved the reportage! At the moment we learn all about London and his sights! In our english book is a story with children who met at a music festival and visited London together.
    We find your reportage great and the best foto is the coverpicture!

    ReplyDelete